Restaurant News - State College/Bellefonte
It's time you knew what's new...
- Angelina's Fine Foods, Italian Restaurant opened. 109 S. Chruch St Boalsburg, PA 814-466-9050.
- Brewers Cafe has moved to 209 North Church Street, in Boalsburg. (814) 466-2086
- Rita's Italian Ice has now opened at 119 E. Beaver Ave,
- Dunkin' Donuts has opened at 200 W College Ave. Open 24 hours a day ! (814) 235-1905
- Subway has now been added inside the Bryce Jordan Center.
- Starbucks has opened anouhter new location at 141 South Garner Street, State College.
- Woody's Sloppy Dogs has replaced Big Al's BBQ Shack; located at 113 E. College Ave, Pleasant Gap. 814-359-2340
- DQ Grill & Chill® has moved fron N. Atherton St. to 310 W.Aaron Drive. 814-238-2731
- The Subway in the Nittany Mall has closed.
- The Gamble Mill has been sold; from Jeanne Murphy and Coutney Confer, to Dave Fonash and Paul Kendeffy.
- The Shack on E. Beaver Ave. has closed.
- High Street Pub & Cookshop opened at 213 W. Hight St, where Bonfatto's was located.
- Mamma Lucrezia's opened on High Street in Bellefonte
- Margarita's Pizzeria and Italian cuisine temporarily closed due to fire.
- Texas Roadhouse on Waddle Rd. near Outback is opening 31 July (with call ahead reservation for less than 7 people)
- High Street Pub & Cookshop is rumored to be opening at 213 W. Hight St, where Bonfatto's was located.
- Insomnia Cookies opened on Feb. 8, 2007. Delivering fresh baked cookies and drinks.
- Schnitzel's Tavern in Bellefonte, PA closed due to the fire that destroyed the Bush House, a historic building built in 1868. It was a great German Restaurant w/ excellent desserts and it hopefully will find a new location. It had already recovered from 2 floods at the current location.
- The Cozy Thai Bistro opened about 22-Jun-2006 at 454 E. College Ave. 814-237-0521.
- Alto opened around 8-Apr-2006 in the renovated Victorian Manor in Lemont. Get reservations early. 814-238-5534 http://www.altoitalian.com
- The Shack opened 1-Mar-2006 at 219 E. Beaver Ave offering hamburgers, cheese fries and most importantly, cupcakes. 814-231-6640
- Margarita's Pizzeria and Italian cuisine opened at 222 W Beaver Ave on 1-Mar-2006. The desserts look great. 814-235-3060
- The Victorian Manor in Lemont, PA closed and will be replaced by Alto.
- Quizno's has closed at the end of 2005.
- The Pump Station opened in Boalsburg at the end of 2005.
- The State College Quaker Steak and Lube opened 14-Jan-2006. Fun atmosphere with Race Cars and Motorcycles hanging above the tables. Many great sauces for wings (even boneless wings). Lots of TVs including one in the floor. Coming feature - room with a stage.
- D.P. Dough moved to the Beaver Ave and S. Garner St apartment complex in July-2006 from 1460 Martin St. St
- Ernesto's on Beaver Ave closed at the end of Feb-2006
- The KFC on South Atherton St closed at the end of 2005. A sign on the door implies that they will be moving to a new location. There is a KFC/Long John Silvers on North Atherton St but we will miss the buffet.
- The South Ridge Motor Lodge and Restaurant closed 20-Dec-2005 and was torn down.
- Wendy's on College Ave Closed leaving only the one at 1610 N. Atherton St.
- Wings Over Happy Valley opened in the the Westerly Parkway Plaza in January 2005
- Bell's Greek Pizza opened in Calder Square, 214 E. Calder Way. 814-231-2030. Returning to State College.
- Ernesto's 222 W. Beaver Ave has opened 814-235-3060
- The Jamaican Junction has opened on Beaver Ave near the library.
- Bombay Bistro & Grill at 120 E. Beaver Ave closed
- Hummingbird Room Restaurant in Spring Mills closed around October 2005
- Masala is located at 132 Sowers Street State College, PA
- Olive Garden opened around December 10, 2001.
- The Hummingbird Room moved from Woodward, PA to the Maj. Jared Fisher estate in Spring Mills, PA in the summer of 1995. The Restaurant was in Woodward since the fall of 1993. Chef Eric Sarnow and his wife Claudia are the owners.
- Are U Hungry? at 111 Sowers St. opened in June 2005
- Are U Hungry? opened their second location at 222 W. Beaver Ave. in the beginning of August 2006.
- Authentic China Wok in the Northand Centre re-opened late October 2006 after extensive fire damage back in May 2006.
- The Creamery moved to their new location in August of 2006.
- Big Al's BBQ Shack has closed; and has now become Woody's Sloopy Dogs.
- Bonfatto's in Bellefonte has closed.
- Cereality at 134 W. College Ave. will be opening in March 2007.
- Charlie's Steakery closed early December 2006 at the Nittany Mall
- Don Boller's Dairy Queen will have a new home at 310 W. Arron Dr. between Eckerd Drug and Pletcher's. Grand Opening is scheduled for Summer 2007.
- Doan's Bones Barbecue opened on October 1, 2006 at the intersection of Rt 144 and Rt 45 in Centre Hall.
- Guiltfree Gourmet opened the end of 2006 and offers gourmet salads, wraps, sandwiches and desserts. 814-238-0026
- Opened in Spring Mills in October1993
- Mc Donald's at 422 E. College Ave, closed on October 22, 2006 for renovations. Watch for the grand-reopening.
- Quizno's is COMING SOON at 317 E. Beaver Ave.
- Rita's Italian Ice is COMING SOON
- Rotelli's opened at 250 E. Calder Way 1 June 2006.
- Super Suppers on the Benner Pike opened in December 2006.
- The Sweet Tooth Bakery moved to the old S. Atherton KFC location.
We try to maintain an accurate
list of restaurants in the region.
If you hear news about local restaurants that we have not listed please
let us know.
If you find errors we would appreciate corrections, no matter how
Please mail them to email@example.com.
Disclaimer - This information changes constantly and may contain
Copyright © 1995-2017 Centre
Of the Web